Listed here are our current career opportunities. Individuals interested in applying for these positions should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scientific Program Manager
Looking for an exciting career in human or environmental toxicology, safety, and risk assessment? Are you a Master's or Ph.D. graduate looking for a great place to grow your career? If so, read on.
The Health and Environmental Sciences Institute (HESI), a global nonprofit scientific organization, seeks a Scientific Program Manager to help manage a diverse set of projects focused on human and environmental safety and risk assessment. HESI offers the opportunity to work with internationally recognized scientists from government, academia, and industry. This responsible position requires leadership skills and the ability to work as part of a team to help realize HESI’s mission of achieving a safer, more sustainable world.
This position works in Washington, DC and reports to the HESI Executive Director.
- Provides scientific, strategic, management, and administrative support to collaborative scientific committees involving academic, government, and private sector scientists
- Works with committee members to design and execute novel scientific research programs, publications, workshops, and trainings
- Prepares and monitors committee budgets, assists with communications (technical and non-technical), supports membership development, facilitates workshops and meetings, and contributes to overall HESI strategy and outreach
- A Master's Degree or Ph.D. in a scientific field such as toxicology, pathology, chemistry, environmental health, or related life sciences and a minimum of 1-2 years of experience in project management, drug or chemical safety evaluation, scientific consulting, and/or regulatory affairs.
- Strong meeting and team facilitation skills and the ability to work with groups meeting virtually or in person.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills, outstanding management and organizational ability.
- Experience in molecular biology and/or genetics a plus.
At HESI, it is our mission to collaboratively identify and help to resolve global health and environmental challenges through the engagement of scientists from academia, government, industry, clinical practice, research institutes and NGOs. We achieve that in a variety of ways:
- Create a collaborative environment where scientists from academia, government, industry, and NGOs come together to find solutions that improve health and environmental safety.
- Encourage the development of meaningful studies that ask the right questions, structure the right framework, and develop solutions that inform decision-making by both private- and public-sector scientists.
- Create a knowledge base that can be easily transferred from the laboratory or journal page to real life.
Principals only please. Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be considered. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Individuals interested in applying for this position should send their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
HESI is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster
E-Verify Participation Poster (English)
E-Verify Participation Poster (Spanish)
Right to Work Poster (English)
Right to Work Poster (Spanish)