Listed here are our current career opportunities. Individuals interested in applying for these positions should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking for an exciting career in toxicology, safety, and risk assessment? Are you a masters or PhD graduate looking for a great place to grow your career? If so, read on.
The Health and Environmental Sciences Institute (HESI), a global nonprofit scientific organization, seeks a Scientific Program Manager to help manage a diverse set of projects focused on human and environmental safety and risk assessment. HESI offers the opportunity to work with internationally recognized scientists from government, academia, and industry. This responsible position requires leadership skills and the ability to work as part of a team to help realize HESI’s mission of achieving a safer, more sustainable world.
This position is based in Washington, DC and reports to the HESI Executive Director.
- Provides scientific, strategic, management, and administrative support to international collaborative scientific committees involving academic, government, and private sector scientists;
- Works with committee members and other HESI staff to design and execute scientific research programs, publications, workshops, and trainings;
- Prepares and monitors committee budgets, assists with communications (technical and non-technical), supports membership development, facilitates workshops and meetings, and contributes to overall HESI strategy and outreach;
- A master's degree or higher in a scientific field such as toxicology, pathology, chemistry, environmental health, food safety, or related life sciences and a minimum of 1-2 years of experience in project management, drug or chemical safety evaluation, scientific consulting, and/or regulatory affairs.
- Strong meeting and team facilitation skills and the ability to work with groups meeting virtually or in person.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills, outstanding management and organizational ability.
- Experience in drug or consumer product safety, in vitro methods for safety assessment, or dietary supplements a plus.
At HESI, it is our mission to collaboratively identify and help to resolve global health and environmental challenges through the engagement of scientists from academia, government, industry, clinical practice, research institutes and NGOs. We achieve that in a variety of ways:
- Create a collaborative environment where scientists from academia, government, industry, and NGOs come together to find solutions that improve health and environmental safety.
- Encourage the development of meaningful studies that ask the right questions, structure the right framework, and develop solutions that inform decision-making by both private- and public-sector scientists.
- Create a knowledge base that can be easily transferred from the laboratory or journal page to real life.
HESI is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V. Learn more about our organization at www.hesiglobal.org.
Individuals interested in applying for this position should send their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
HESI is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster
E-Verify Participation Poster (English)
E-Verify Participation Poster (Spanish)
Right to Work Poster (English)
Right to Work Poster (Spanish)