SCIENTIFIC PROGRAM MANAGER
Looking for an exciting career in human or environmental toxicology, drug safety, biomedical innovation, and risk assessment outside the lab? Want a great place to grow your career via collaboration with thought-leaders from government, industry, academia, and NGOs? Seeking an opportunity to apply your skills in leadership and program management while applying science to real world challenges?
The Health and Environmental Sciences Institute (HESI) seeks a Scientific Program Manager to help lead collaborative scientific programs in the biomedical and environmental health fields. Successful candidates will have a passion for fostering creative and rigorous scientific collaborations that pool expertise, resources, and technical input from a diverse base of stakeholders. HESI Scientific Program Managers are responsible for developing, managing, and providing scientific input to large international scientific teams that generate science to protect public health and the environment. HESI offers the opportunity to work with internationally recognized scientists from government, academia, NGOs, clinics, and industry. This position requires leadership skills and the ability to work as part of a team to help realize HESI’s mission of developing science for a safer, more sustainable world.
This position is based in Washington, DC and reports to the HESI Executive Director.
- Provide scientific, strategic, management, and administrative support to collaborative scientific committees involving academic, government, nonprofit, and private sector scientists
- Work with committee members to design and execute novel scientific research programs, publications, workshops, and trainings
- Prepare and monitor committee budgets, assist with communications (technical and non-technical), support membership development, facilitate workshops and meetings, and contribute to overall HESI strategy and outreach
- A PhD or Master's degree with experience in a scientific field such as toxicology, pathology, chemistry, environmental health, or related life sciences, and a minimum of 3 years of experience in project management, drug or chemical safety evaluation, scientific consulting, and/or regulatory affairs
- Strong facilitation skills and the ability to work with groups meeting virtually or in person
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills, and outstanding management and organizational ability
Expertise in any or all of the following areas preferred:
- Immunology or immunotoxicology
- Genetic toxicology
- Chemical safety assessment
- Drug safety assessment
- Regulatory science
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
HESI is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster
E-Verify Participation Poster (English)
E-Verify Participation Poster (Spanish)
Right to Work Poster (English)
Right to Work Poster (Spanish)